Thanks to my cousin Leah for getting married, and of course, honoring me by asking me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding, I HAD to lose weight! Starting Feb. 11th I went to Jenny Craig and for 6 weeks paid to have them help me lose 15lbs. Around the end of March I quit J.C. and decided I could do this weight loss thing on my own. I lost another 8lbs by the time I had to walk down the aisle and was very proud to stand among younger women at the church. (I was much older than the bridesmaids and the bride)
Josh kept asking me if I was going to quit "dieting" after the wedding and at first I didn't think I would even lose enough for it to matter. Soon I realized that I felt great and looked much better, along with the fact I could wear almost $400 dollars worth of jeans and tops that I had saved from years before! So the answer is now HECK NO!
I am now 140lbs and just waiting to hit 135lbs!!! In my quest to lose weight I have found a new hobby...RUNNING...well it's more like jogging, but it used to be something I absolutely hated unless I was on the soccer field back in my college days. So now I am going to run my first 5K which is 3.1 miles...wish me luck!! I just hope to finish...and not dead last!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Audra. When you are "dead last," you are also "first in reverse!"
Yeah yeah...thanks for the confidence, A.J. =)
Audra,
I am so proud of your weight loss...you look amazing. I love it that you have a blog. You chose the same background of mine..love it.
Debbie
Go Audra!!!
Keep up the good work! You're an inspiration to the rest of us who need to get our butts in gear.
Post a Comment