Sunday, October 30, 2011

one more recipe…

So I couldn’t resist to make one more meal considering I had everything on hand.  This is from allrecipes.com

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings (with alterations)

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts

2 tbl butter

2 (10.75 oz) cans of condensed cream of chicken soup

1 onion, chopped

2 (10 oz) packages of refrigerated biscuits, torn into pieces.

Place chicken, butter, soup and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.

Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on high.  About 30 minutes before serving, place torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker.  Cook until the dough is no longer raw inside.

ALTERATIONS:  So I used cream of chicken, cream of mushroom and chicken broth instead of adding water to fill.  This was yummy but very salty, so next time I will use LOW sodium soups and broth and add my own salt.  Other suggestions on the website includes canned or frozen veggies.  I also used about 1.5 lbs of chicken and only used 1 can of biscuits. 

No comments: