Saturday, September 6, 2008

BIG NEWS TO POST...FINALLY!!

OK some of you know...some of you don't know...I'm pregnant!!! I hoping everyone knows by now and my dad's side of the family was last to know, not because I wanted that way but because I knew this weekend was coming and would see everyone in person. By everyone, I mean 6 of 7 aunts and uncles, 17 of 20 cousins, my grandparents, and many more extended family that live in Pocahontas!

Since this is the FIRST GREAT grandchild, I had to present this news in an unforgettable way, so with the help of some people at work I think I really pulled that job off! I found a camo t-shirt, since it was a hunting weekend, and had my friend Lisa H. (who's wonderful website is listed to the left of my blog) embroider in hunter blaze orange "New Arrival Coming Soon April 2009" with an arrow pointing down to my tummy and the plan was to see how long it took people to notice! She also made me one that says "Soon to be...Grandma" and "Soon to be...Great Grandmother" for my mom and grandmother!

Well it couldn't have gone any better. Since it is a tradition that the men get together the night before the hunt and eat dinner, the women decided to all meet at the country club and eat, also. I walk up to the three tables they had outside and my aunt Karen immediately noticed my new hair cut and said "Oh I like your hair..." pause..."and I like your shirt" in a very excited voice. At the same time she said this my aunt Lisa and aunt Cissy say..."let me see your shirt"...and Cissy smiled and Lisa jumped up and hugged me! My aunt Cindy and cousin Tiffany were there and they were both smiling ear to ear and excited and my grandmother that was sitting at the end of the three tables was trying to figure out what was going on!

My mom and aunt Abi walk up next and we decide to see how long it took Abi to notice, but my mom finally asked her if she liked my new shirt. She glances across the table from where she is sitting and says "yeah its cute" and keeps going with what she was doing. Everyone says "no really read her shirt" and she walks over and of course smiles and congratulates me and says she thought my shirt said something about the Corning bank...hehehe...and the arrow meant something about depositing money...hehe you can't beat that! I gave my grandmother and my mom their t-shirts and my grandmother showed a couple of her friends when they came by to say hi!



The men decided they wanted to meet at the country club, also. So as they slowly came in I began to prepare to show my t-shirt again. First my grandfather came out and one my grandmother's friends that had been standing there and just found out said to him..."congratulations on being a great granddad" and he looked funny and confused. Lisa told him to read my shirt and he then gave me a thumbs up...still in shock...and then said, "It's the first!!" As he goes back in to congratulate Josh, my uncle Kyle over hears this and comes outside the same time my uncle Jeremy comes out to say hey...Lisa tells Jeremy to look at my shirt and his eyes got really big and Kyle is congratulating me! The news moved very fast and everyone really liked my t-shirt idea!

Later my cousin Leah and her husband Josh found out! Leah had her new wedding album from her wedding this last May. Her pictures were awesome! We stayed with Tiffany and Eric at their new house which they have worked so hard to fix up and it looks GREAT! The next day at the fish fry my aunt Diane and cousin Joseph and his wife Diane found out, along with more extended family!
I will never forget this weekend...it turned out perfect! Here's some more fun pictures from the weekend! This is Speck, my grandparents dog, showing his skill of jumping the fence!! The last one is Josh and I looking cute in our camo!

3 comments:

Annie and Rojelio said...

glad your announcement was a big hit . . . how could it not be!

Lisa_in_AR said...

Congratulations!!!!
I hate to tell you this, but your baby counter widget thingy makes your baby look like a little alien. Hello, we all know you'll have the cutest baby ever!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Julia!
Congrats again!
Your profile picture of the baby is cute.