Sunday, September 7, 2008

Catching you up on the details!

Ok so I'm going to update you guys on how we found out and some stuff I felt and experienced before blogging and telling my good news. First, I was getting up on Sunday morning, August 17th to jog with my friend Lindsay that lives across the street. I took a pregnancy test and it was a very faded + sign. So we did our thing for an hour or so and came back in and took another...but after I opened it I realized I didn't really have to go and I only tinkled 3 drops...oops! But about 15 minutes later that + sign was a little darker. So I take it into the bedroom and wake Josh up and ask him if he could tell if it was a + sign and he said "yeah, what does that mean?" So thats how he found out! Later that day I took my third test and it was positive! A.J. had been in town and was at my parents house so I thought it would be perfect timing. Josh stayed home and called his parents and I drove to my parents and told them. Everyone was excited and the first thing my dad said is.."you've gotta get rid of that dog" meaning Deets. Of course, we aren't going to that unless it is absolutely neccessary!






Ok so I have to brag a little at this point because the day I found out I was 136lbs. , 31in waist, 39in hips, 36in bust...pant size 8!! So here's my tummy at 4 weeks!







I came home from work on August 22nd, during my 6th week and was soooo hungry. It was midnight and Josh was awake and we decided to go to Taco Bell. I got this sauce packet that made me laugh and wonder if thats what this little dude feels like inside me.






I started feeling really tired at this point and totally not wanting to do anything. On the weekends, Josh couldn't believe that I wasn't waking up at 7am and wanting to go shopping and stuff. Instead, I would wake up, eat, go back to sleep, eat, lay around...etc. I also realized that riding in the car far too long made me sick...we took the long way to Stuttgart one afternoon and I was miserable.

I did have a little break down because I thought there was something wrong when my boobs stopped hurting one day...Josh assured me though that the very fact I was upset about this showed I was horomonal and that everything was fine. Of course, now I feel nauseated every morning and sometimes in the evenings. I haven't thrown up but one time so I think I'm doing pretty good so far!
So I added a little pregnancy calender and picture to the side of my blog...hopefully soon my baby will not look like an alien...hahaha. My first Dr. appt is Sept 18th and I hear it is long and "probing"

2 comments:

Lisa_in_AR said...

Love the fortune cookie-esque taco bell sauce packet. Even they knew you were preggers.

Annie and Rojelio said...

so can't wait to see that belly ring pop off!