Saturday, November 15, 2008

Deer hunting and baby nursery...what a combo.

Josh killed another 8 pt. deer this weekend. His last one was the biggest the processor said he had seen this year...and had one of the thickest necks he had ever seen. We have tons of deer meat and thats not counting this one he killed today.



The closer we get to finding out what we are having, the more I am looking at nursery stuff. I think I've narrowed my bedding down to a few different things. One is very girly, one is very boyish, and the other is neutral.
Here's the neutral...it's a small picture, but it's bright green and blue with bubbles and fish...I LOVE these colors. If I pick this and it's a girl, I would add some pink accents around the room!



The one below is the girly one...I LOVE the paisly and think that it would grow with "her" as she got older. I would probably add some light blue accents since I love the color blue.


And lastly, this is the boyish one...I can't help but love this because it makes me think of Josh and it would be a way to apply something Josh loves to the baby's room without doing camo or anything like that. The colors are what my eye typically goes to like the bright blues and greens, but it is adorable!

As indecisive as I am, this can all change in a blink of an eye, but I've been looking for weeks now and always come back to these designs and colors. The prices are in my budget and hopefully they will all look good with cherry wood which is what my crib is...
I have an option of using a white or oak color crib, but I really love the cherry. We may even use a piece of our bedroom furniture in the nursery and it is also cherry. Hopefully in a few weekend I will be posting finished nursery pictures!


4 comments:

Annie and Rojelio said...

wow you are nice and ahead of the game. i didn't have lucia's room done until she was 3.5 months old. but i guess her coming 6-weeks early and being in the middle of moving didn't help either! i like the neutral one you picked the best. though with all my high priced items i went neutral. i tried to be conservative that way! have fun with it.

Lisa_in_AR said...

Love them all! Maybe you get one set, and each grandma has one of the others. Of course then your girl will be masculine at one grandma's house, or your boy will be feminine at one grandma's house. Hmmm, maybe we should re-think this...

THE WOLF said...

Hey Josh !! man u sure look like your daddy in that deer picture , bless your heart , anyways Tonia and I and the boys are all doing well up here in the great North West , u need to come up here and do some real hunting , hahaha .. anyways take care and give us a shout laterzz!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love all your choices....just think if you were to have twins...a boy and a girl...you could use both..and if you had triplets, you could use all three...I love watching you being pregnant and making all these choices..you are adorable and what a lucky little baby to have you for a Mom...I still wish that you wouldn't find out what you are having...but since you are, I am getting anxious for you...it will be fun watching you select a name.