Friday, October 31, 2008

October 11th - Race for the Cure!

Ok...as I promised I am downloading and putting pictures on the blog. These are from a few weekends ago during Race for the Cure. Lindsay and I went with a friend from my work, Sonia, and some of the gals from the community center where she teaches aerobics. There were over 45,000 people at the race...which unless you were at the front of the race, it was impossible to run it...which believe me, I did not want to run it!
Here's a flag that hung over the starting point held up by the firetruck ladders!

This was the view that Lindsay and I had as we started the race...you can see how many people are in front of us, even up at the bridge! A taller woman next to me took this pictures!
And below is a few of the firefighters on top of their truck doing a little pseudo strip dance for us girls!!
Above is my wonderful friend, Cara, doing her favorite hobby of belly dancing. There were several groups of people cheering us on such as...motorcycle groups, firefighters, radio and t.v. stations, etc. And then of course the belly dancers!!!
These are all the survivors lining up to walk the 5K. They had their own parade, which of course they deserved!
The last time I did this race was over 5 years ago and there were not nearly as many people as there were on this day. It was truely amazing to see everyone out there. At one point, as we crossed one the bridges over the river, we could look across to the first bridge we had crossed and still see people starting the race. It was awesome!

No comments: