Mason is officially 2 weeks old today and there are several things we could not have lived without (no particular order):
1. My cousin Leah had accidently bought us premie diapers and though Mason was not a premie, they seem to fit him better than the newborns which leaked on us when he pee peed.
2. Vibrating chair...my mom found at a yard sale...it was clean and he loves it!! He sleeps and stays calm in it!!
3. Boppy pillow and My Breast Friend pillow...both are great! The MBF pillow worked better when I was breast feeding, but both are still great to sit him up in, to take stress off your arms while feeding or rocking him, etc. Thanks Leah and Aunt Lisa!
4. Extra cover for boppy pillow when Roscoe decides to take a nap on it. Thanks Tiff!
5. Kiddopotamus car seat head support. Not only supports his head well, be very soft and comfy...he sleeps in it. Thanks Anne M.
6. Formula on hand. Even though I had planned on breast feeding, I had registered for a free sample of formula and put it away just in case. We had to go to the doctor a little early because he wasn't pooping and she had me supplement while breastfeeding and it was great that I had that sample at home so I didn't have to get out to buy any. Of course, having bottles on hand helped too.
7. This should be at the top of my list...everyone's help!! It was nice to have Tiffany here the first couple of nights, my mom and Josh's mom checking in and giving us breaks and running to the store for us, and all of our friends and family that visited and brought us food and stuff...thanks everyone!!
8. Breast pump..this came in handy not only for obvious reasons, but the doctor suggested I use it right away to see exactly what Mason was getting!! Even though I didn't continue to breastfeed it was a big help in getting me through the time that I was breast feeding. Thanks Jarrod and Kelli!
9. Pack n Play or playpen. I got this out to set his swing and/or vib. chair inside while Roscoe was still getting used to the baby...kept Roscoe from getting to close. Thanks Mom
10. Moby Wrap. A friend suggested this and though it can be a little complicated to get on at first, it has allowed me to have my hands free which helps when I'm home alone. Thanks Anne M.
Thanks for all the suggestions and support from family and friends...I guess these are just a few things I would pass on to new parents along with patience and an ability to laugh at yourself as you learn to take care of your new baby...I never realized how much trial and error was involved...there is no manual or set of rules to go by which has been a hard thing for me to grasp. I want all babies to be the same and to have specific guidelines to follow so I don't make mistakes...but those are going to happen and nothing is set in stone!! Babies are tough and will make it through those little mistakes and goof-ups and as parents it's a learning experience for the years to come!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment