I have felt so awful since last Thursday and when Josh started getting sick Monday, I really knew something was wrong...neither of us could shake it, either! Today Josh went to the doctor and it seems we have the FLU. The doc said that out of about 350 people that he has diagnosed with the flu, 30 of those people have had flu shots...that would be ME! We both have been given some cough syrup with codiene...fun stuff, and my doctor put me on antibiotics to be on the safe side.
I can honestly say that I have never been this sick as long as I can remember...usually I can shake something off pretty quick, but since my immune system isn't the best right now thanks to baby Mason, I will probably stay sick longer.
I had to look up some information on dogs and catching the flu...and though there is no way he can catch our virus, there is a dog strain of the flu that they catch from other animals. Who knows maybe Roscoe gave us the flu...hahaha!
Of course, my lovely job of Care, Love and Hope is what initially exposed us to the flu...I see kids all the time that have to flu...and a lot of times that aren't diagnosed until after I've been in there letting them cough on me and suctioning their little noses out.
Well please pray that we get better...we will have officially missed all of our baby classes at the hospital...the child care class and the childbirth class which I really wanted to go to, but I would hate to spread this to other expecting mommies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Prayers for health and healing!
hope you all feel better and are able to go to another childbirth class.
Get better soon!
Post a Comment