Friday, March 27, 2009

Whats up with April 9th??

Today at work everyone was telling me that it looked like I had "dropped" and that they thought I'd be having the baby before my due date (april 23rd). Angel was the first to say April 9th, then Amy said it, too. Jason decided to start a pool on the date and time I would have him and a couple of other people thought the 9th, also. What is up with the 9th??

The reason I ask is because that is when Josh is having his wisdom teeth removed...how in the world will we handle that and having a baby..hehehe! And to make matters worse, it costs $350 to cancel or reschedule the wisdom teeth surgery!!

As nice as it would be to have the baby a little earlier than my due date, I can't handle having a newborn to take care of 24/7 and an adult to take care of even if it is a couple of days...haha!

I'm getting excited and very anxious about having the baby! We missed our childbirth classes because we were both sick, so I have no idea what to expect. Mom and I drove by the labor and delivery section of the hospital so we would know where to go...I'll take Josh by there this weekend so he'll know, too. I feel like no matter what I do around the house, it won't be ready for the baby and all the visitors that will stop by to see us, but I assume that is a pretty common feeling for most soon-to-be mothers! Oh, and my doctor that is delivering Mason is pregnant... I found out at the last appointment that she is due 2 weeks after me...so I'm imagining that she will probably NOT be the one delivering Mason unless we do have him a little earlier than my due date.

Thank goodness it's Friday, don't think I would make one more day of work this week. When I get home at night my legs from my knees down look like tree trunks they are so swollen, but by morning they are back to normal. My rings don't fit at the moment, either. I've gained 8lbs in 2 weeks which is mostly fluid...ahhhhh!! I understand why women are READY to have these babies...why you go from being soooo scared to soooo ready!!

I'll be posting more at the end of the weekend...I have a baby shower and a cute little sign that mom had found in Hobby Lobby that I have to put a picture of on the blog...it is going in the baby's room and it is just perfect for him!

1 comment:

Debbie Nelson said...

Audra, I say April 6th, that is the day I got engaged...39 years ago! If you have him on the 6th, then you and Mason will be able to take care of Josh after his surgery!hehe