Thursday of last week, I started feeling horrible...developing a cough and stuffy nose. Friday I even called into work, which I NEVER do...and didn't even get off the couch because I was so miserable. I started getting a fever that night and had to call the doctor. Of course, the worse part about it was that my first baby celebration was Sat. on my birthday...a Grandma Shower for mom thrown by all her co-workers.
Sat. morning I woke up and felt a little better as I got moving and cleaning on the house. I decided I may put on my new outfit and at least take pictures with mom...but at the last minute I thought I could make it to the shower, and I knew mom really wanted me to go!
All the things I was trying to do get better...Robitussin, cough drops, Tylenol...even Mason's bulb syringe...yes...I even suctioned my nose trying to just breathe!!!!
Mom and I about to leave the house...With our new outfits we bought the weekend before!!
Here's mom with the cake!! Cute little teddy bear!
Here's mom with all her gifts in her crib...this is her nursery at her house. Her theme is jungle animals!
It was such a fun time...Mom had a permanent grin on her face the whole day! We all went out to eat for my birthday that night at Dondies in Des arc...even my brother came with us!! Besides being sick, I had a great day!



3 comments:
glad you were able to make it and have a great time. ever try simply saline for your nose. i had a constant stuffy nose the whole second half of my pregnancy. i should have bought stock in simply saline. it works great.
I say let Gaines do an "InExSuck-a-lator treatment on you. That'll get you fixed up in no time! (or maybe some probiotics would help). You and your mom are too cute. I think she might be a little excited about the whole first grandchild thing...
Poor Baby...so sorry you have been sick..hope that you feel better soon! I am sure that Gaines would love to bring over the "InExSuck-a-lator for you. Your Mom is so sweet to have her very own nursery!
Post a Comment