Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Great weather for babies!

The benefits of having a baby in April is that RSV/Bronchiolitis season is over!! That is the nasty colds that babies get in the fall and winter that sometimes put them in the hospital, and that I see all the time as an RT!! Plus, the weather is so pretty for the first couple of months that the baby is born before it gets too hot!

I'm already thinking about starting up my work-out schedule and getting back into shape. I know it will be hard and I anticipate starting out slow, but I really want to start jogging and running again...hence, I will be purchasing a jogging stroller, if the one my parents found doesn't work for me. The first 1K/5K I can enter after Mason is born is May 30th, the Dino Dash!! That is the last 5K I ran before finding out I was pregnant and settling for walking instead! I'm not sure if that will be too early to get Mason out in the stroller or even if it's too early for me to get out and try to walk/jog a 5K, but a 1K would defenitely be doable for me. I'm thinking Mason may skip that race!

After that, the next race I would be willing to do with Mason in the stroller would be the Big Dam Bridge evening race in July...being in the evening, it would be cooler and, of course, maybe he would get some good sleep that night...hehe! The Clear Mountain 5K is in September and I think that one will be a good one, also!

I just want to thank everyone again for all the thoughts, prayers, and gifts for Josh, me and baby Mason!! We love everyone and can't wait to introduce you all to Mason, as well as meeting him ourselves! Any last minute advice or tips are welcome...email me or leave me a comment!!

1 comment:

Annie and Rojelio said...

i agree. april babies are great!